UTILITY COMPANIES MAKE MISTAKES –
- Lack of Expertise – Employees not up to date on all changes, new rates, data input errors, employee turnover, etc.
- Too Small Staff & Budget – Too many projects, inadequate personnel to cover service area and number of customers and calls, cannot read meters every month, etc.
- No Compensation for Reporting Mistakes & Errors – More work with no reward.
- Predetermined Opinion by Utility & Telephone Employee – Customer does not know what they are talking about, customer
always complains, etc.
- Misinformation – Utility employees not briefed on new billing rates or rate options for customers, utility employees not
updated on new billing system or data input procedures, etc.
- Inadequate Company Supervision – Utility company has never been legally challenged, is utilizing outdated laws and procedures, etc.